Click on the links below to read NORRGEAR's full Privacy and Cookie Policies:
In respect of any personal information that we collect from you, the data controller (the company that is responsible for your privacy), is NORRGEAR trading name of Double Swan Limited Company No. 11919025.
At NORRGEAR we treat customers’ personal information and details extremely seriously. We will only use the information we collect about you in accordance with Privacy Law (i.e. for the EU, The General Data Protection Regulation and relevant in country secondary Privacy Legislation) with the primary purpose of making your shopping experience as enjoyable and easy as possible.
Personal information that we collect about you and why
- Information that you enter when signing up for the NORRGEAR newsletter, registering an account, placing an order online or requesting a refund. We require your postal address to deliver your order, e-mail address to send your order and despatch confirmation as well as sending promotional materials if you have requested them, password, telephone number in case we have any issues with your order, financial and credit card information to take payment and your name, so we know what to call you.
- Details of your past transactions
- You can get a refund or replacement if necessary
- We can let you know about our products that we think you will be interested in
- Details when you get in touch with us via email or phone
- Your answers to our post purchase survey to give informative recommendations online and continually make improvements to our products and service
- Your device and browser information, the route you took to land on our website as well as website data such as page views, length of visit and clicks. This helps us optimise your shopping experience with us and ensure our functionality is working.
How long we retain your data
We will hold this information for as long as you remain an active customer and for 7 years afterwards or where otherwise required by applicable law or the legitimate interests of NORRGEAR.
If you have requested us to do, or we feel, that from your previous transactions, that you might be interested in our catalog, then we will send you communications informing you of our products and special offers. If you have browsed our website and previously given NORRGEAR your contact details then we may use this information to send you Marketing communications. You can change your mind on how you would like to be communicated with or unsubscribe at any time by either:
Clicking on unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email or by contacting our customer services team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For opting out of receiving communications prompted by online behavior please see our cookie statement
Please note that it can take up to 24 hours to be removed from our list therefore you may be selected for one final email before removal. Our catalog has a longer production time, so you may receive one more mailing before removal up to one month after opting out.
Who we share your personal information with
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, we do need to share your data with a number of companies that we work with to provide the service and shopping experience that you are used to. See examples of said companies below:
- Companies that make sure your order is completed and arrives at your door, such as payment service providers, our fulfillment and delivery companies
- Marketing agencies and suppliers, such as printers, email service providers, data cleansing providers and media partners
- Fraud prevention agencies & law enforcement so we can manage fraud
- Marketplace sellers where you can place an order such as Amazon
Privacy of children and sensitive information
We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly obtain any Sensitive Personal Data about our customers, such as information about health or medical conditions, race or religious beliefs. We regularly cleanse our data and would remove anyone flagged as deceased from receiving any marketing communications from us.
Where we store your personal information.
All personal information that you provide is stored on our secure servers or those of our ecommerce platform which may be situated outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Where personal information is transferred outside of the EEA we will ensure that adequate contractual safeguards are in place (e.g. the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses or “model clauses”), to ensure the security of your personal information is maintained when it is processed by the third party.
If you want to know more about the data that we may hold for you or want to know more information on how NORRGEAR collects, stores and processes your personal information then please contact customer services here
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have resolved your questions, you can contact the national data protection authority of your country.
Updated 13th November 2019
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that websites send to your computer and place in your browser when you are on their websites. A cookie typically contains a mix of numbers and letters and are widely used to make websites work or work more efficiently. They enable a website to remember a user, identify when that user returns and track their behaviour. They cannot harm your computer and are not used to collect any financial information.
What are Cookies used for?
First Party Cookies-
These allow you to use the basic functionality to browse or shop our website. This includes browsing products, adding items to your bag, allowing us to remember what items you’ve added to your bag and ordering items. Without these cookies, you will be unable to use our website.
Other cookies allow us to review how you use our website so that we can measure and improve performance and the experience offered. Their usage can be restricted but the site may not perform or look as expected.
Advertising and Targeting Cookies
These cookies allow us to track visitors’ interest in our products, to understand what most appeals to customers to ensure we make our offers as appropriate as possible and to personalise our advertising efforts, so that they relate to your interests and shopping history within the site and beyond.
The cookies we use can be classified into the following categories:
- First-Party Cookies: these are issued from the website you have accessed. These cookies often serve to give memory to the website about your data and preferences.
- Session Cookies: – these are used for the duration of your browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you have put in your shopping basket as you browse around our website. These session cookies will expire after a browser session.
- Persistent Cookies: these are stored on a device in between browser sessions which allows your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users' preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising.
How you can disable cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can disable this function by changing your browser settings at any time. For more information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
How can you contact us?
You can contact us by emailing us here
Updated 15th November 2019